Podcast 1: TOS eps 1-9

big the final frontier these are the

voyages of the Starship Enterprise its five-year mission to explore new world new life and they have a boy hahaha awesome way to go way to go junior son Joe I'm Jonathan I'm in salt lake city oh I'm junior Fillmore and I'm in vantaa

maroon white quite a distance you know it's kind of amazing we were just talking we're achieving more technological advances in 2008 and then is depicted in the 23rd century of Star Trek not depicted in the 60s so good

times anyway what we're doing we're talking across the Pacific Ocean because jr. my good friend that I've known for 22 years sure is Sir very most of that sure yeah 22 years you've always hated Star Trek like with a passion really

hard huh yeah well yeah you know I I never really dug it and also you gotta admit it's pretty easy to make fun of it it's kind of a one of those things that there's a class of people that big star wars or star trek and and that it's the

same class of people that get beat up by the toxin on the playground so it it's not trendy thing to pick on so that's true yeah you you tempted to beat me up a couple times oh I think when you realize you never could fine i started

to think you know what maybe Star Trek is firm at other maybe I am one of those days John I think maybe it came to a boiling point our college freshman college ear when we list in an apartment and you guys had how to

host the Star Trek evening and I was excluded and that's what made you hate start yet I was but it was at the final nail in the collab with it I was hoping to land the role of a doctor crusher but i was told that i couldn't come because

i would only make fun of it which is probably true well have you know what we'll play that again I actually recently played that how to host a mystery start ragging about six months ago six months ago or so so so that's

great but it was completely your decision to investigate yeah its death throes you did a blog at Halloween and John once again one of your characters was that was it of what were you like a vampire Captain Kirk or something I was

a vampire captain Tarkin yeah yeah i think i pasted a a taunting hurtful comment than I realized and I think what it came down to John is it turns out here at the fillmore house that I probably do about half the cooking and

I've got a daughter who who loves to say how disgusting something is before she even puts in her mouth and I realized you know what I've been doing the same thing to John about Star Trek whole time we've known each other so mines will

give it a shot if I still hated Alisa at least I can be educated about my dislike for it true very true you know I want to go back to that comment or you look at it um I'm trying to I'm trying to look it up right now looks like it's in

October of 2007 tip tip tip ax and it is right here okay good i found that pretty fast that's not too annoying um you said because I talked about a Tribble you how it had a little vampire Tribble yeah and you said and I get you were serious I

thought you were just being funny cuz cuz I I thought it was funny but I guess you're dead let me say this you said John if I had known what a Tribble was I would have killed myself sometimes I forget what a nerd you are well it was

kind of funny kind of serious I guess dead serious on your dead serious on my partner yeah well that that's too bad but I mean but it's so it's your it's your lovely daughter that that made you decide to put all of

the star trek in your net footwell all of the official Star Trek canon in earnest yeah so the original the original series the next generation and all the movies and I think that that's it for now i'm not i'm not prepared to

do voyager or deep space nine or the other offshoots yeah so that's that's really a star trek doctorate is one time yeah yeah and and i'm not i'm not really i'm not that big of a fan myself okay and but in a way you're actually a much

bigger fan than I am because you just finished the first season and I think you probably see more star trek out to cook than I have because I've never actually sent them and watch them all over like a 20 year period I well I've

watched it many like Donna how'd you know that there's a freaking 29 episodes in the first season they and each one is what 50 minutes long I don't know how on earth people stood for so much television once even back then but it

was it was a lot of start you think that that's why I Anna shows her only 44 minutes commanding I don't know but maybe that maybe that's why I sold a rodent have you watched a whole lot to sort of start a chat horrible yeah I

gotta say that the first episode I watched with since it was the first episode i think was twice as long but i thought okay first episode no big deal there they're just making it longer than the second one when it hit that 50

minute mark i was like oh my gosh i got to watch almost an hour every single episode but what can you do yeah yeah what can you do okay so you want to get into it so we start talking about let's doooo what if what you want to say

whatever you want talk about oh ok let's just go for it now your episode list that you have with you right now what's the first episode because it might be different than the ID page IMDB page that I have open yeah well there's a

pilot of that is a very because they basically use that again for the two-part manometry so the first episode on my wrist is the man track okay good that's my first episode so do you want to just skip the cage because

we're going to have to talk about it begin anyway yeah sure that's that's fine yeah okay the mantrap I just happen to do that yesterday okay for the first time in about 10 years it looks pretty good it's the one where dr. McCoy has

the ex-girlfriend and pretty much I don't know why but pretty much every single episode one of either McCoy or Kirk had an old girlfriend yeah pretty much visit that they have to choose like doing what's right and doing what's

right for love yeah but the old girlfriend of dr. McCoy she happens to be a salt sucker yeah she needs salt really hard yes she does to the point where she doesn't get her salt pellets she sucks humans drive their salt and

this this one out of all the Star Trek that I watched in preparation of this little thing ooh sounds like them just got fades back yeah I'll I'll kill him later have fun your kids are so cute I'm so glad they got you into turn train

yeah well actually I watched almost every single episode with at least Joseph okay I'm glad he I'm glad you enjoying it yeah he enjoyed enough to memorize to be open yes yeah that's pretty impressive but there's a point

where Spock in this episode figures out that this Nancy girl is not actually McCoy's old girlfriend but it's the salt bucket have taken the shape of mccoy's old girlfriend and McCoys just about to shoot her and he's like should I shoot

her should I not end in spot says this isn't Nancy if this was nasty could she take this and he doubled up his fists like they do in Star Trek and punches her in the face about five it was incredibly daring because

oh man well you know what it wasn't daring for the 16 i think the 60 hated women yeah well more i watched start yeah if you remember this this brought me an e lee back to our first-ever viewing of Soylent Green when that guy

buried of the party and two starts punching the women in the face in the stomach and it gave me the same reaction I was laughing pretty hard I think they use the same fully sound effect yes anyway this also cemented very early on

from the first episode on this is going to sound really cliche John but Spock's by far the best character he's uh he's way fun to watch though I haven't gotten tired of Spock talking mean yeah even me yep i grok yeah as I hope we all do

whatever that means i need to playing that t-shirt that because i grok claudio which of course is the teacher dana carvey was wearing in the Star Trek convention yeah where the on the pain of saturday night live for Fort Wayne

Shatner's to get a life yeah which they were actually making fun of when that guy from Rocky Horror Picture Show did that to a real live audience may I don't know anything no yeah goes it with the temporary no I want to know one of the

other actors anyway I digress we'll have to we'll have to do a big huge soon rocky horror picture show think that's something I've never seen in all my life okay so that's that's the man trap it was it was a pretty good oh I liked it

it's one of the only ones I I remember kind of kind of well and it's one of many words the last of the trace and it's and it's and  
race and you want one thing I just I

just couldn't figure out why is uh why couldn't they just bring the creature big bucket of sauce hahaha John a lot of these episodes have really easy solutions like that but no one seems I wait so all this thing needs a salt it's

a desperate creature you know yearning to it somehow sucks salt out of human being damn is early and we know that's what it needs but and we can make all the salt we want or we can bring in all the salt we want from somewhere else and

you know we could give them a big huge big silo of salt especially since they can take on the form of anything you want I mean something like that got to come in handy for the price of salt oh yeah yeah the Federation is totally use

of this thing like will give you all the salt you could ever ask for if you just go over to the Romulans and and mess them up our yeah which we'll get to later which we will I was surprised there was only one episode in the first

even the featured Romulans but again I am says that's for later I can't wait to talk about now okay all right okay episode two yeah Charlie Charlie X kind of bothered me a couple reasons one and i know it doesn't work this way but I

saw it on my comp they ripped that pops of the twilight zone and then I realized the twilight zone did it after Star Trek that's exactly what i thought i wasn't sure because because it's a new twilight zone episode right yeah and maybe not

that new twilight zone will be making the old and old sides on one that I'm not aware of I don't know yeah but it could have been an old 1 i'm not sure i'll have to research that one but that's exactly what i was thinking this

it's the twilight zone episode yet and i kind of kind of a cool concept but but i don't really like the twilight zone episode so much it's probably my least favorite woman i mean in the past couple things well i just couldn't stand

Charlie to be honest Charlie driving me crazy I know I hate that I hate the Canada I hate Charlie really really bad and strangely enough there's a new star trek a bunch of the Star Trek actors got together and decided to make a fan

appreciation film it's called start I forgot what it's called but I just barely heard about it like this new cutting-edge Star Trek and it has like the guy you please check off and who are in it and a bunch of old

people and this huge like like time skew happens so that everything's changed and they have to fix the time in the past or something like that and apparently Charlie X as an adult as a bald gray adult isn't is responsible and like oh

man that's lane because he's like the lamest kid ever i just wanted to punch him silva and can you imagine how horrible that would be because he could do anything he wants and he's an annoying kid yeah like what if one of

your kids jr could do anything he wants and you were powerless yeah especially was one of the annoying one from i know that would be that would be bad so it was it was very difficult to watch Charlie X did I write anything else huh

it was Oh what was the deal with remember the part where Charlie goes to the little lounge area and n ahora sings that medieval poem with Spock on the harp yeah uh did that not make sense to you because Bach was playing hard yeah

well Spock is playing the harp in a hurry would just broke out into medieval song and dance yeah that what they do I think there was only the second episode I thought oh I guess this is a Star Trek thing they've got over and she's going

to sing a lot of unfortunate that was one of only one or two times in the whole series not that I mind are saying that you find spots playing the harp i dono is it illogical to waste your time becoming proficient on a musical

instrument I don't know what well he I I think it's logical to become proficient but he kind of stuff that doesn't make well and also a couple of the things I'm sure you were touched by the fact that Kirk had to sit

Charlie X aside and say this is why we don't slap women on the bot oh yeah there was a really good coming-of-age moment in episode it was just like watching my girl again yeah okay yeah pretty lousy episode they introduce 3d

chasteneth and and also there's an American Gladiators gym where two guys we're fighting giant q-tips yeah would you lose ripped off for making bodies okay anyway that episode sucks i don't want good okay episode 3 i have where no

man has gone before yes these are episode Olivia which is fall to be titled because they're they're going to find this 200 year old USS valiant and I assume there were men on the USS valiant right so wouldn't they actually be going

where man has gone before that's good questions I think maybe we're not talking about physically where man has gone before the baby metaphysically were mended gone before I don't know maybe it's the

process of the mound assuming these powers or something the man is not done before I don't know oh thank you John hey I appreciate that but maybe it's only because these guys haven't met Apollo in season two but we can't talk

about that in this okay right I was I was just clapping because congratulations i got that you passed the test all thank you that's very sweet and also I didn't really know that answer and I haven't seen this episode

in in several years but it's the one where the guy has the glowing eyes and pretty much exactly like exactly like Charlie X he can do anything you want and they don't know how to stop him yeah this is the third episode undefeated and

I thought oh running out of ideas three episodes intimate yeah it gets better but turkeys was the double cyst on him yeah curve got and actually beat the immortal innocence I forget how he does it is that the other girl distracts the

guy or suck some power from the right I don't remember I I think that's Ryan I think yeah like he's distracted and then he does an army role he double he double system and then he shoots the mountain and calls into the grave that he had set

aside for Kirk that's right right no sorry so fitting but he didn't know Kirk's name because the grave has the wrong Kirk name on yeah says james arthur against of james t kirk and a geek like me Winona yeah well let me Ben

what upset hurt so much right to do ok so that was and that was actually the original pilot episode I'm not the original pilot episode that was the second pilot episode that they made all your right with her you're right because

they could they they aired them completely out of order which I noticed what I highlight up so that NBC did when I got some DVDs it was all funky because I had no I would say like I put in the first unity in the first episodes

so it was like eight know like what and so it's kind of her like the the air date and deal with like the eighth on the air date I don't know you like you said it was all out of order for the first handful of episodes completely

crazy I I guess network executives were even more incompetent than now yeah okay i will just throw these on in a year and so that was kind of semi officially the first episode it's the first work episode they wanted to have more of a

more of an adventurous soul in Kirk so so that's kind of interesting ya know where no man has gone before and there's an enterprise or next generation so when you get the next generation probably the third episode of next generation is

called where no one has gone before which is kind of lame but they changed it to no man to know one because who are we kidding it's due to a watching Star Trek like yeah no one no one is really demanding that we make it all pc

especially you know what those skirts John they're not skirts me but I've already discussed this and the women aren't allowed to wear pants they're just really long served so it's kind of funny this kind of brings us to the

whole concept of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek he envisioned this future where everyone is equal and everyone's kind to each other and there's no racism or sexism but wouldn't you say they're 10 I would ya like a lot of it nothing as far

as TV in that time of the 60s it's huge to have a main actress be black and it's huge to have the wasn't has the Sulu is a leading character and they're all intelligent incompetent so then on the other end all the women I mean they say

if when they raise their eyebrows that they're turned around you can see their underwear which you know I guess that's why yuh I think that's why this was such a hit for a socially dysfunctional single adult men you know kingdom or

teenage males yeah yeah so and I mean I can understand that and I can also understand why he envisioned this as a perfect future so I guess so up like everybody kinda nice to each other in the women

I know so it's perfect you've got these guys who they're proficient in what like in computers and scientific stuff and technological stuff there's no super bowl of the interstate on the enterprise and they're all surrounded by beautiful

women right yep so totally right and they have that big screen TV yeah it's pretty cool yeah that's true so so anyway I I still every single episode i watch with lieutenant Uhura sits down I think she's got to be cold because her

shirt dozen you can cover her far enough to fit on she's hidden right on underwear model yeah she has no skirt and also the uniforms aren't really low-cut but the women's uniforms the neck is completely stretched out for

some reason so so there's like a little breed going from top to bottom this is actually secondly is really nice the next episode is called the naked comment naked time yeah the crew is infected with a mysterious disease that removes

people's emotional inhibitions to a dangerous degree I can't completely remember this when refresh my memory a little bit okay I'll refresh your memory it begins with Spock and some other random redshirted crewmen although i

think his shirt was actually blue and they're on a planet they're investigating a planet that you've seen the movie serenity writing though oh you need you before you watch any more Star Trek well after season two of Star Trek

make sure you watch the complete series of firefly and the movie serenity wheel you've heard about it right it's really it's really great I have heard about it John but only nerds like it I know well here is well on your way anyway they're

on this they're on this planet and they're in these are like beat super radiation costumes and you know like oh this is this is crazy something happened to this planet and there are people there who were just

slumped over they decided to die and they're like this is weird everybody on this place went crazy there's a guy taking a shower in his clothes okay something weird happened and like some funky fluid gets on one of the guys

investigating it yes some funky fluid gets on because he's in this huge decontamination suit so let's see so the naked time now this board where that Irish guy is that is that what happens the Irish guy starts singing the the

Irish songs all over start singing the Irish song any broadcast that he's like I am going to get the equivalent of being really drunk and I'm going to take over the ship and I'm going to force the ship to listen to my Irish tin do yeah

that's the one but going back to the guy who actually infected the whole crew I don't know what his deal was because they were being so careful on that planet they were in the radiation suits pretty much and he decides to take his

glove off to put his hand on the rock and then scratch his face and I don't know if you're ever in a position to be in this huge radiation suit do you ever just like teachers before no rihanna's look like when you're investigating

whatever's contaminated isn't it like picking up your mask in the middle of paintball garage you just don't do it yeah you don't do that you don't do that and so he's responsible for the whole crew just getting really not not so much

drunk they just like Sulu takes his shirt off and start sword fighting everybody yeah that's right and and they're all they're all kind of sweating and they pass this disease on that makes everybody do that yeah by touch right

all you gotta do is touch it yeah and then and so they figure out what's going on and they have to they're falling toward the planet and they've got to get away from the planet but they have to start the engines cold which is

combining matter and antimatter and you're not supposed to do that but they somehow figure out a formula to do that and they really figure out how to do it they go go back inside which leads YouTube at least one future

episode in this game this season right no no but you get a feeling that they're good excuse in the future I Kevin but yeah you get the feeling which i think is I hated that now that I mean don't you hate that when they're like okay so

we can go back in time whenever we want yeah and so pretty much you think every subsequent episode something horrible happens five people die they get in a situation you know it's where it's like really bad they need to get out of it

you know why you just go back in time you can do it anytime you want Kenya just go back in time but they never do and it's kind of a I kind of wish this was a deleted AI think it explains how they go back in time and star trek for

and also there was a next generation people that I'm soon that's where we're data had sex with Tasha Yar so that'll be fun to look for yeah i'll make sure that i watch out with Valerie them all right on to the next episode the enemy

within right the enemy attend a great episode yeah which-which like i've talked you previously this one produced my favorite quote of the undefeated I think which was I wanted to run live yeah which is the Kirk's evil twin in a

transporter accident we get the passes yeah intellectual kirk and then the aggressive primal Kirk split into two beings so it's not like just an evil Kirk it's like two halves of the same person yeah and both have been necessary

which you they can earn initially arrived it you just the evil Kirk and well let's just kill him off because he will hurt but it turns out that you're not the evil courtesy aggressive nervous might have some time business Kirk so

yeah a lot of things I really liked about this I actually wrote some stuff damn double curtain race at the end they become one again I knew you would love that they had to they had to use the transporter to become one again kind of

like brundlefly my ipod

ergh okay um where they had two clutch

each other and in Kirk actually did you notice he actually kind of caressed his own back a little bit I love you like oh this feels so right you know because he's so full of himself he really wants to there's a I just listened to Jim

Gaffigan the comedian he said he does this bid on pregnancies like yeah my wife is pregnant you know what I could never do that because i don't have a uterus but seriously i can never have a baby I just couldn't do it I just

couldn't have sex with a man unless of course the man looks like me that would be some hot gym on Jimmy that's totally with the Jim Kirk was thinking right now yeah maybe that's the case um but I'm glad you noticed that as well I also

noticed the first instance that that I could tell of of Spock just just being really kind of bad vibe ET bones when when bone said something like I think you may have not died of shock the little animal they tested it out on and

then Spock says for once I agree with you doctor just kind of despiteful little I seat agreeing with you you stupid promotional human being but for once I agree with you doctor and you're like I'm completely better than you well

I think that Mel's out throughout the season it becomes much more of a kind of amused you know do silly humans in your crazy non logical approach that every no hot I'll anyway anyways yeah I'm one thing you may have noticed I don't know

if you noticed this to do you notice who wrote this episode no the enemy would then know Richard Matheson good whom I think wrote I am Legend the original i am legend oh did he i don't know like when I here Memphis and I think of the

governor of Utah but yea I'd other related alrighty okay other stuck cool stuff in this one um the the whole episode opens up with captain's log unknown to any of us at the time there's an evil duplicate

of me which which is really funny like a we don't know this right now yeah but right now there's an evil me going hand yeah I guess he kind of had to catch up on some of his captain's logs until he retro actively bagging he'll put it in

where it was supposed to go back dating is old cabin log and also the evil Kirk pretty much tries to pretty much assault and like pretty much sexually assaults yeoman Janice ran yes you also get the opinion that if if the normal Kirk is

simply approach yeoman and asked her if they wanted to be more than friends she was ready to say yes yeah yeah but yeah you do possibly yells on you gotta wonder I'm sorry you got to wonder how much time it takes her to do that hair

because that's the craziest I don't know lattice lattice pie crust we at the top of her head I've ever seen do you think maybe that maybe it's a wig um well she probably kind of a you know they have like hair dryers yeah I this is the

Machine I imagine it does it it's like a hair dryer but it's like a transporter okay and so she has a preset setting where her hair the transporter locks on to all elements are preparing give and it just transports the hair it just

seems the hair however it's supposed to be yeah in its little hair dryer thing that's probably what they use in the future that well yeah that's probably the case we videos Oh Maria says Maria brings up something good is probably a

wig well maybe that too I'm sure that her the purposes of props is a wig in the future two people feel depressed to walk around and wings I would like to thank this that you know since they can generate food out of nothing maybe she

just sticks her head in the generator generates her hairstyle yeah there you um and okay but what I meant to say about that is it wasn't just evil current that assaulted her it was he was an aspect of Kirk yeah right a part of

her in the zone yeah yeah and so don't you omit would it even be possible to have a working relationship after something like that happens resolved yeah like it would be impossible you pretty much have to but but they're out

in space you know what are you going to do and you can't just you can't just put your job you would always know and not see that person again you would always know that there's a part of her that wants her that way right yeah well maybe

then I quit well I will people the future since weird stuff like that happens all the time since there are mind reader's in the future and they're split personalities in the future since it's like much more of an open book than

it is now I guess people just have to get used to that yeah yeah i think that's that's got to be the case so all right John let's see we are only up to episode number six but it's it's a real good one Mudds women and there's a real

moral lesson in this episode and the moral lesson oh yeah my point is what much one I like my yeah the moral lesson is if you simply believe in yourself you'll be physically beautiful that's true I know I don't know how she

transforms from from hag to beautiful woman at the end with just her confidence okay just just really quickly look set it up for people who haven't seen it this guy they pick up this guy anything his cargo is three women via

that are pretty much mail order brides yes and he's been feeding them these really strange drugs and these are like drugs that are unlike any drugs that are in history of anything in the end that the drugs don't affect the person who

takes them but the drugs affect everyone around the person who takes them and so if this woman takes drugs she will be more attractive for whatever reason people find her attractive so if you're like

one of those guys who really loves really smart women then she'll be smarter if you're a guy who's really turned on by really dumb one and then she'll I imagine she'll also be dumber right but don't they see themselves as

in the mirror can they tell the difference of themselves in the drug has worn off is it because of the way they do themselves as well um I guess that's kind of the point of the believe in yourself moral that like I guess they

kind of said that some of the drugs have a kind of a placebo effect well if they actually give her one of the women a placebo yeah and this is what I really don't understand because she hates the fact that she's a mail-order bride yeah

she hates her life she just hates being treated like an object and so she she's starting to get old she's starting to look a little homely and so she takes the drug she pops it in her mouth and it says and then she changes before our

eyes is this what you want someone who's vapid someone who's vain and useless someone just for your own pleasure something you can't talk to and then they're like why this was just a placebo you look this way because you believe in

yourself so really what they're saying is you believe yourself to be vain and useless and and that's how you were able to actually transform yourself didn't make any sense as a moral as like you know the moral of the story is believing

yourself she was disgusted with the way she was presenting herself yeah this whole time and so that made absolutely no sense at all even though it was a pretty interesting episode yeah the guess one of the many paradoxes in Star

Trek that keeps and I don't know if it did you but probably keeps lots of yelling nerds up at night trying to figure out exactly what was supposed to be going on yeah so I suppose so now it's kind of relatable

you know uh it fits well with puberty because Q Bertie was an interesting time for me haha let me just let me just talk about that just a little lad III remember as a little kid thinking how strange it was that fit and then love

like lusting after women so much and I I kind of thought in my kind of smart attitude bit like you know what if it wasn't so cultural and you know but that's what you did then I'm sure that that has nothing to do with anything so

what you say to us talk to you just type funding now just keep talking we're just keep talking no i think i think i agree i think there was a period where where you think you know what what's the big deal but then you know what what's the

big deal and then it happens and you kind of turn into an idiot a little bit then yeah yeah and in in you here like McCoy and and Scotty you're talking about that and they're just completely their tongues are hanging out over these

one ago and they're just looking at each other and the like we are totally transfixed and I just don't understand why because it is completely logically acknowledging yeah this is this lust that's taking over them and they're like

this is kind of strange and that's exactly how I felt at that time like ah why why do I feel ah this makes me mad that I don't have this kind of control yeah and that's kind of how they were yes so they just let it through puberty

again real fast yep so uh have you encountered mud again we I think we encounter mud in a later episode in the first season I don't think so yeah I don't think it's in the first interface on

I wasn't sure if you'd come across like I can't I don't know which season he's in and I can't remember what all ID Connor gone to that episode okay I don't think it's as good as this one oh well anything else you want to say about

Mudds women no but I think it's interesting that the episode immediately after mother women is called what little girls are made of so which I was just watching it before you call just watching them okay not have to say of

all the the star trek ladies of the first season that probably the most attractive is in this episode you know what of the ones I've seen I I think I'll agree with you I don't know what's the actresses mean what what else has

she done now I have no idea the brunette robot right yeah the brunette robot that they may find on this they go down to this skirt goes down and he finds this mad scientist creating robots and he's like these keys should replace the

humanity because they they don't they're not burdened by emotions pretty much isn't that kind of suggests of it yet and then the shocking conclusion the doctor is a robot sooo he's a real difference to everyone's a robot damn

but going back to that girl wasn't the goofiest outfit like yeah it was like overall halter yeah an overall halter top yeah like a pant halter set it's like all pant halter and it was just bizarre and obviously she didn't mind

wearing something so ridiculous because she's a robot she programmed to accept that yeah what does she care however on the other hand I had the pleasure of watching that episode with my wife and she gave me a lot to love interesting

looks every time that character came on screen well what can you do if she has a ledger did she did she physically close your jaw point now no but now that the great part of this episode right is that Kirk overcomes the cold logic of

robot by trying to educate that said brunette robot about love correct yes and she correct yeah she started wondering he to turn about love and it's in it in malfunction sir yes sir crappy robots can't understand love and so if

you wanted to be a robot you give him a big fat kiss that's right 11 interesting scene I thought was really great was he brings out he makes an Android duplicate of Kirk who's exactly like her but he's a robot yeah and in the real Kirk

they're all sitting at the dinner table both different Kirk's and the real Kirk gets the upper hand and he physically takes on the demand scientist and I think the writers you know it could have been a technical issue in filming

because it would have been hard to film to William Shatner's at the same time yeah but it didn't show what the Android kurtz response to that would have been because if it is an Android exactly like Kirk he would have felt exactly like

Kirk would've about you know what this guy is saying and the existence of androids and he probably couldn't argue with himself when you say yeah I know but anyway that's up for supposition because they didn't bother filming it

which is lame all right all right but that was it was it was a it was pretty good yeah ultimately when they found out that guy was a robot they're like prove that you're human and he couldn't do anything to prove that he was human

because he couldn't love yeah let's be which I guess is because the whole point of the honest robots can never replace you with at least until at least until we turn on sky that and then this that's true yeah so what one

really annoying thing about this episode though is it's a hundred years later when we get the next generation and data and I mean you know enough about Star Trek to know the data is right yeah he's like the epitome of of you know androids

but it's a hundred years later in the Android that this guy was just making like by the hundreds in this little lab are way better than the one of the kind data of the whole next century that's and it's supposed to be way more

advanced than 100 years later and everything a lot of a lot of crazier things happened in the first season of the original series of Star Trek then you know hundreds of years later that where most Star Trek happens in the next

generation and voyager in deep space nine it's definitely fun yeah yeah do you think that they would just learn their lessons and I don't know I don't know John they should have been a better robot cos because like you said in 100

years before they were all sorts of better than data and now we're stuck with crappy data crabby crab right data okay um we I think we have about 10 minutes left in this we're not going to get to the first CNR we know we're not

in 10 days left of whether the ustream of the growth bed now I think arange band has a limit on about 55 minutes or so you'll have to watch it because you're doing a garage damn thing okay oh okay you know what the next two episodes

are two episodes I haven't seen do you want to this might be really quick if you want to talk about am really yeah okay Miri so this is an episode where of basically jaundice kind of reminds me of a poem Megaman or whichever variable

mega menu so Hercule landing party end up on the planet which kind of looks I don't want to like Main Street USA but it's ghost town right it's deserted and then you see this guy who was all covered with

yucky stuff and he dies as he's crying about a tricycle that's broken or something that's broken and so what we find is on this planet when the kids reach puberty they can track this disease and they die that's no good and

you also learned that since this lemon party are all adults pretty soon they're going to get the same disease and they're going to die they do find one girl named Mary who sympathize with them because Kirk's able to convince her that

uh then you know pretty soon the disease is going to happen to her too and but of course this girl who's was supposed to be like 14 she falls in love with Kirk and you know you just can't date a fourteen-year-old even if you are

hundreds of years in the future and just doesn't work that way I think this girl at some point the show these Kirk interacting with one of the female blue settings that she gets jealous and all these kids gang up and try to kill Kurt

but Kirk with his stunning if you do some flying leg kicks on these kids that's not a matter of fact I don't know it's actually once you get into the stuff with all the kids it's really annoying if there's a couple of these

kids look really freaky I don't know where these dig up these kids or if they have probably something like is Charlie acts like in the background I don't know that she's like the leader of these kids and like know some of these kids look

like they've been hit with boards or something I don't know so is it a recent disease thing or how are these kids reproducing um they're not reproducing but they're aging at an extremely slow rate okay so that's why they've been

there and they're so long the other eight their aging really slowly and Kirk and the Star Trek people have all found they found a a cure for it and they just have to convince the kids that that's the way to go and of course they're able

to I think what happens is they got the communicators in the kids steal them and the can finish the cure without the communicators to leave whatever data out to the central computer so together they

got to talk some sense into these kids and they're able to save McCoy's life just in time and everyone else and all the kids in this happy time not not a great episode but I mean they did felt a whole lot like a like a I am Legend I

guess so that's interesting okay does the you like I am legend right I have not seen it i've only seen Oh Mega Man which you know my feelings about that bill yeah i like i imagine i thought it was it wasn't they didn't put it they

didn't try to modernize it so much it was it was kind of moody okay you know it was actually kind of it was almost more thoughtful than Omega Man okay but i might say it was more thoughtful omega man was kind of the action yeah you

don't need to think when you're watching Charlton Heston it's all testosterone oh yeah it's beautiful toast on I'm speaking of Heston are you starting to feel about how wonderful a site that would be to see Shatner and hasten

battle to the death that that would be something that would be akin to watching bruce lee and chuck norris and find it out in the Coliseum yep yeah we'll have to if if we get powerful enough I'd like to organize that because you know

they're both still alive right now you know they're both pretty old but i would i would pay up a seven hundred dollars hahaha it's a fine offer ya are what's the episode 9 the dagger of the mind so what they'd be this guy somehow manages

to get beamed up to the ship from a penal colony 
and he's crazy he's gone bonkers and

every time he tries to talk to the crew there's this intense pain that he can't handle but he like gets a few words out Kirk goes down to the to the this penal colony which has a really stellar reputation well it has a distal

reputation because they have a device John which completely wipes out your mind and they've been using it on all the prisoners and so they get there and of course you notice that all these people have these blank stares and they

try to use it on Kirk and by golly if I could remember how he escapes I really don't so they're pretty much a less messy lobotomy yeah with a focused light right on your head or something I know the guy who created it ends up in the

room and I think it happens to him and with unhappy results for him so what can you do how fitting yeah not the greatest episodes it wasn't terrible so no okay now i'm reading the hell are you so something i thought oh good well i'm

just reading that the Spock has to use the Vulcan mind-meld to find a bit of a fun I've that much for you the first Vulcan mind-meld that we see I was just going to say the first openly no okay well in its kind of you know one

annoying thing about stock is in in Vulcans because we're just kind of being introduced to Vulcans you know through these few episodes these tiny little glimpses and they do a really good job of kind of throwing some a lot of

background information about who Spock is and why isn't alien how he's half-human how he had logic and all the stuff is important to him but he is way smarter than any human he's way stronger than any human he's got this logical

mind he doesn't make mistakes he's he's cold he's amazing and he can read mine so pretty much the point is is that you know when we find this other alien race out there they're going to be way better than we are yeah

and and I just don't think that's cool I kind of want to start Trek like well a science fiction show where we find that the other aliens and they don't teach us about humanity they don't teach us the important things about the universe

they're just like us except they're crappier than that's what I'd like to see you know I'm sick of discovering these aliens that are just that know what's about I think we should know what it's about you know yeah why are we you

the children of the universe yeah hey we're the ones who learn how to travel to their breaking glass John I was also thinking now if if Spock is if a bulk ins period are perfectly logical they're stronger than us they're smarter than

they've got all these crazy ability every time you give a computer that kind of ability to think and reading things out the computer mu decides to take over the world right so why have an extra I haven't Bolton logic their way into

trying to conquer the universe I mean I have wondered that myself maybe because they're just really lazy could be you could get the thing is it logic I don't know much about logic I didn't study philosophy in school or anything but I

kind of believe and and you get this from from from watching Vulcans and Star Trek but you can kind of use logic to come to any come to any ends you want and and and I think that's how like Vulcan as a society you know they don't

they're not like they're not like the board or something or they have like one purpose one unity they have a lot of they still argue among themselves and they just argue in a different way and arguing launch using logic will have

just as many different outcomes as arguing by ultimate fighting yeah and so maybe they're just maybe maybe that's the reason but also I think they do have a history of extreme violence and they overcame that and they decided to some

that well and I think we get that in bits and pieces from from spot talking and from people you know writing about it and you know I don't know if we know all of that just from just from the just from the

original series but I think that's kind of that kind of implied throughout all of the star trek universe so now might be a good time to mention that never in the entire Earth even do you see the Vulcan hand thingamabob e and never know

yes we do not in the first season my friend no no I'm serious I just thought today what episode was not watching it was where Kirk was fighting someone I think it was the naked time where the the the guy was singing and he fought

with Kirk for a little while and then spot got behind him and I saw it I'm like smart get behind get behind him any did it okay well do you say I think you may have done it to a dog to I should have did I write it down where we saw

the message ding Wow what they're getting sense and that's right so of what it I don't have enough okay but now I know I'm right on this one we don't hear a state live long and prosper in the entire per season okay that's

probably true you may not sing as long because i'm checking out the second season right and I'm first episode into it I here and say it and I thought oh my gosh that's the first time you said it so I'm almost positive about it anyway

you just say we're back now ya hala Jai yeah yeah so I due to technical difficulties we're back but we're gonna wrap this this is one of the right one of us gotta just kinda minute let's just say what happened first of all you're

recording stopped working because GarageBand apparently has a limit on like what 55 minutes or so uh I don't know it is pretty low you know we really should have taken note of that when it happens but yeah well well and then

after that have we can go I accidentally deleted my recording that I made of the stuff that we did anyway ok so the wrap up right so we're pretending that this is still the first show and we're wrapping up but the truth is it's

like we get the truth is it's a week later and we're just saying ok and that's our first show how do you like it yeah we're really awesome because we bragged that that we had technology more powerful than the 23rd century in which

star trek takes place but obviously we don't and we suck really bad absolutely er sorry so also done and now we're going to start the next episode right now which but we're gonna say goodbye first yeah yeah so let's see we we

talked about episodes one through nine right we headed with daggers of mind and and impressions of the first third of season one because Star Trek seasons are really long by today's standards they are really long I yeah so I think it cut

off what our favorite episodes were remember what you what you picked is your favorite favorite episode definitely was a so foggy enemy within right good in the evil Captain Kirk's and now I great episode because it

really lends itself to curse her shot hair style of acting and of course the the the mad declaration of I want to live by the evil Captain Kirk and of course of the the captain kirk embrace at the end as he lovingly helped himself

into the transporter right by the way I have a video I put a put together a little video montage exactly of what you said you might I do agree that enemy within was a very strong episode you get double Shatner in it well can't argue

with I also like what are little girls made of partially because of the halter jumper and a lot of philosophical questions asked which is which was pretty cool so yeah okay so next next week or next week for everybody else but

in like what 30 seconds for us we're going to go over the next probably 10 or 20 episodes we'll see we'll see what we can do alright cool until then why don't you go and live long and prosper down all right

a YouTube star trek buddies huge inside [Music] garage band is recording Mac audio recording and so we're recording ok so we're recording ok let's uh let's tell a joke knock knock who's there ma shan

didn't get making ricin martin nigga her didn't who I need you shut your fat face makes you pretty funny



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast 4: Amok New Season

Podcast 2: We Have Romulans (TOS 10-19)

Podcast 3: Quien es Mas Macho?